question

april-beckett4703 avatar image
april-beckett4703 asked april-beckett4703 commented

Is The Developer Access a Paid Service?

I've been working on a program to help a friend of mine annotate incoming faxes and send the annotated version back to the original sender. I research a bit and found the RingCentral Developer website and singed her up in order to register the app and get the appKey and appSecret and to get access to a sandbox. So far the API is very simple and easy to use, so I definitely want to go this route, however looking through the Admin Portal I found the following under Service Plan:

Service Plan: RingCentral Sandbox Office 4 lines Enterprise Edition

Billing Plan: $109.98 for 1 month

Account Credit: $0.00

Billing Cycle: 03/13/2017 - 04/12/2017

Next Billing Date: 04/13/2017

There was definitely no indication of any charges when I signed her up for developer access, so I was in shock to see this. Is this correct? Is she going to get charged now every month in order to have access to the site?

Thanks!

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered april-beckett4703 commented
Hi April,

The Sandbox account is a free account used for development purposes. There is no charge for it. I've verified what you have seen on your page with another Sandbox account and will work with the team to correct that display.

The only charge would be if you wanted to become a paid RingCentral customer and use our services for our service for your business communications. As a paid RingCentral customer, there will still be no additional charge for accessing the Sandbox account for development purposes.
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

april-beckett4703 avatar image april-beckett4703 commented ·
Great, thanks for the clarification!
1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys