question

matt-wheeler4956 avatar image
matt-wheeler4956 asked bjsvec answered

Connecting via SIP with a TAPI Bridge

Good Morning all.

So, Ive hit a minor road block and Im REALLY hoping the community can assist with this.

I have a legacy CRM application that used to connect to our old Dialer system via TAPI.

Now, Ive searched and before a RC Official Rep says it, yes, I know, TAPI is not supported by Ring Central.

However, SIP is supported...

So, I have found SIPTAPI (Previously referenced https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/how-to-integrate-ringcentral-with-siptapi... and responded to by @Benjamin Dean).

However, its 9mths old and really does not cover anything about how and whether it could/can connect.

In principle, as long as I have SIP Domain, User, Password then all should be fine.

• SIP Domain: sip.ringcentral.com
  • User: [my phone number]
  • Password: [My Password for RC]
  • Extension: [Optional]

However, it appears as though its trying to connect but getting either rejected from the SIP platform, or hanging for some reason.

Now, one answer might be that SIPTAPI is classed as a SIP device, and has not been authorised/cleared to connect therefore its not gone through testing and as Ive not written it, thats going to clearly be a problem.

It also might be, and the answer Im very much hoping for, is that Ive entered in the wrong information somewhere.

I did read that you log in with your AuthID and Password....but not seen any confirmation.

Can someone please help on this?

Thanks

Matt

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

lee-d3574 avatar image
lee-d3574 answered
I could be wrong but if it's classified as a SIP Device by RC I would assume it would need to be authorized on the RingCentral side to connect as a device?  So you would need to add a MAC address for it and get an authorization id as if it were a non ringcentral phone?

FIELD

VALUE

SIP Domain

sip.ringcentral.com:5060

Outbound Proxy

sip10.ringcentral.com:5090

User Name

full phone number, starting with 1 then the area code and number

Password

UNbI9BEY assigned by the system, changeable later

Authorization ID

60428140012 assigned by the system

I haven't done this mind you it just seems like the next place to look.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

bjsvec avatar image
bjsvec answered

I agree with Lee D, but also don't feel this is the best way to do what you are wanting to do. It *may* work if you add a third party device and use the info and credentials from the new line though. See here if you want to try: https://support.ringcentral.com/article/4966.html it shows where you will get relevant info like:

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys