question

arthur-corbin6057 avatar image
arthur-corbin6057 asked Phong Vu commented

FAX: SENT ITEMS missing?

I wanted to download a fax transmission I sent last year. But only the most recent sent items are now available. Is there a way to retrieve older sent fax transmissions.

fax
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered Phong Vu commented

Sent faxes older than 30 days are deleted so there is no way to retrieve faxes from a year ago. This is covered in the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/2178.html

Going forward, you save a copy of all your faxes using our RingCentral Archiver solution to automatically copy your faxes to an external storage service or message store API to retrieve the sent faxes yourself programmatically. More information is available below:

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Hope Reinhardt avatar image Hope Reinhardt commented ·

The link to the Ring Central Archiver takes me to a page that says its not in beta anymore and when I click on the button that says "Go to page to download", it just takes me to my login page on RingCentral.com - once logged in, nothing happens and there is no explanation of where or how to download the archiver.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Hope Reinhardt commented ·

You can get the RC archiver app (and any other apps) from the RingCentral App Gallery

https://www.ringcentral.com/apps/ringcentral-archiver

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys