question

eugene1578 avatar image
eugene1578 asked eugene1578 answered

I'd like to get notification about generation of recording wav file.

I am using the https://github.com/ringcentral/ringcentral-csharp-client c# SDK.

I have questions.

1) Can I record using sdk, when calling?

After the call is completed, i am going to download recorded wav file.

2) How can I get status for completion of recording?

Now I gonna download recorded wav file as soon as call complete, I can download wav file after some time pass.

So I'd like to get notification about generation of wav file.

This is a code to get message status.

subscription.EventFilters.Add("/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store");

I'd like to get status for recording like above I mentioned.

i am sure you can help me.

Kind Regards.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

paco-vu avatar image
paco-vu answered
Hi Eugene,

1) Unfortunately, there is no API to start recording a call. Call recording can be triggered only by users from the RingCentral mobile phone or the SoftPhone after a call is connected.

2) You can access recorded files by first calling the call-log API. You might want to query for only calls with records by setting the flag "withRecording=true". Then check if the "recording" field exists in the response. If it exists, parse the "recording" object to get the "contentUri", which will let you have access to the binary file.

See this code snippets for the c# SDK.
var account = rc.Restapi().Account();    // List call Logs  var queryParams = new CallLogPath.ListParameters  {      type = "Voice",      view = "Detailed",      dateFrom = DateTime.UtcNow.AddDays(-100).ToString("o"),      withRecording = true,      perPage = 10,  };  var callLogs = await account.CallLog().List(queryParams);    // download a call recording  var callLog = callLogs.records[0];  var content = await account.Recording(callLog.recording.id).Content().Get();  File.WriteAllBytes("test.wav", content.data); 
No, you cannot get notification about generation of a wav. file. The 'message-store' is for SMS/MMS and Fax events only.

You might want to try with some work-around solution by using the "presence" event filter to get notified when a call completed, then use the sequence call above to check for a recording if any.

Hope this helps.
Paco
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

eugene1578 avatar image
eugene1578 answered
Thanks for your reply.
After the call is completed, i am going to download recorded wav file.
But at this time recorded wav file isn't generated yet.
wav file is generated after a few sec.
when should i download file.
I am sure you can help me.
can I use function subscription?
I believe you will help me. 
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys