question

neil-bouvier4849 avatar image
neil-bouvier4849 asked ak answered

Over 80 API Calls in Sandbox, yet I cannot apply for Production due to "Your app hasn't made any API calls in Sandbox yet."

I'm failing on API Calls and "Exercise all requested permissions". Any ideas?

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

ak avatar image
ak answered
Could you provide the name of the RingCentral Application please ?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

neil-bouvier4849 answered ak commented
DIMFaxService and the issue may be that we have 7 errors, 98 attempts.
3 comments
1 |3000

ak avatar image ak commented ·
Neil,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused but as per our standard Graduation Procedure mentioned in the community article below :
https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/production-access-request-criteria

Your app should have  less than 5% of 4xx errors out of total API calls amount during the last two days ( UTC  timezone  ) and not exceed the RingCentral API throttling limits.

Per the API calls made the errors turn out to be more than 5% of the 4XX errors, so the app has not met the criteria for Graduation. 

Could you please exercise the API endpoints again for one business day so that the error count would reduce facilitating for the Graduation. 

We appreciate your patience. 
0 Likes 0 ·
neil-bouvier4849 avatar image neil-bouvier4849 commented ·
Not a problem.  I didn't notice the metric.  Perhaps my first 7 attempts failed.  BTW:  What is a "4XX error?"
0 Likes 0 ·
ak avatar image ak commented ·
4xx - Client Error
This group of HTTP status codes indicates that the request for the resource contains bad syntax or cannot be filled for some other reason, presumably by fault of the client sending the request. 

You could take a look at some of the error codes in our FAQ section below :

Ringcentral -Error-Codes
0 Likes 0 ·
neil-bouvier4849 answered
I've run dozens of tests, no errors, but I can't apply for production?  Can someone walk me through this?
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Hi Neil,

Appreciate your time and effort . per our Graduation criteria specified above, we need the API calls for two straight business days. However, we do have the API calls for One Business day, could you please run the API calls for another business day and if you are still unable to hit the 'Apply for Graduation' we could manually intervene and take the next steps.

1 |3000

neil-bouvier4849 answered
I still can't apply for graduation.  I believe I've met all of the requirements.
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Hi Neil,

We see the API calls needed for two business days. You should see your app being graduated to Production. 
1 |3000

lawrence-thaler6503 avatar image
lawrence-thaler6503 answered
Do the calls need to be made during business hours UTC, 8am - 5pm?
1 |3000

ak avatar image
ak answered
Hi Lawrence,

Not necessarily, you can make the API calls during any time. One of the main requirements for app Graduation is that we would need the API calls for two consecutive business days.

For more information on the graduation requirements, refer to the article below :
https://devcommunity.ringcentral.com/ringcentraldev/topics/production-access-request-criteria

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys