question

richard-jovanovic6585 avatar image
richard-jovanovic6585 asked richard-jovanovic6585 commented

Sandbox to Production not working

I have a sandbox app that is validated and promoted to 'production' which is still in sandbox. I tested the services and paid for premium account. I need help linking the sandbox account with the production account. I would like to move the sandbox app to production.

I created another app but all it did it created a new sandbox account before the app was created. I would like to avoid going through validation again because this time the sandbox app is showing LOGIN error: "LOGIN Error Invalid Application Type" and I just changed the credentials from the old sandbox account to the new.

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Wang avatar image
John Wang Deactivated answered
Can you provide more information on what you mean by the following:

I need help linking the sandbox account with the production account.

Your production and sandbox accounts are different accounts and are not linked.

When you graduate to production you need to change both the app credentials and user credentials. The app credentials include app key, app secret and server URL. The user credentials include username, extension and password.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

richard-jovanovic6585 avatar image
richard-jovanovic6585 answered richard-jovanovic6585 commented
The sandbox account was created before the premium account. When I registered for the premium account there was no way to link the two accounts so that they I can promote the application from the sandbox account into production. 
2 comments
1 |3000

John Wang avatar image John Wang ♦♦ commented ·

I think what you're saying is that you created a Free Developer Account before the Premium Account. Both accounts have (different) associated sandbox accounts for development purposes.

After your app has been graduated, a private app can only connect to the owner's production account while a public app can connect to any production account.

So, I'm guessing you have a private app for a Free Developer Account that you want to connect to your Paid Premium Account. Is this the case?

If so, to migrate your app from a Free Developer Account to your Paid Premium Account (or between any accounts), you need to create a support case with our support teams. You can do this by clicking the link on the support page or submitting a help ticket.

Support page: https://developer.ringcentral.com/support.html

1 Like 1 ·
richard-jovanovic6585 avatar image richard-jovanovic6585 commented ·
Yes that's the case the free tier app was private. Thanks for the quick response.
1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys