question

Gramercy Line 1 avatar image
Gramercy Line 1 asked Rahul G answered

API issue: How can I update a meeting from one line to another using same meetingId?

I got 3 lines(let's call them A,B & C) and I want to be able to update an existing meeting in line A to a new date and time.

The problem is, that if there is 2nd meeting already booked in that time frame, I want to be able to use line B or C for the update without loosing my meetingId.

If I try to do an update while logged into line B the meeting Id does not exist so I get an error, if I delete the meeting from line A and create another in line B, my meetingId will be lost.

Any suggestions?

Thank you

rest api
1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Byrne Reese avatar image Byrne Reese ♦♦ commented ·

I feel bad in asking this question, but I am not sure what you mean by line A, B and C. I assume you mean a "phone line" or extension?

0 Likes 0 ·
Byrne Reese avatar image
Byrne Reese answered

Here is a little secret... meeting IDs are very portable and can really be used or re-used by any extension. That little tidbit may prove useful if you just need a quick hack.

That being said, have you tried updating the target meeting and change the Host ID to the new owner? I strongly suspect that will cause the following:

1. Create Meeting A by User B.
  2. Create Meeting B by User C.
  3. Change Host of A to C.
  4. Now when you get list of meetings for C, it should return A and B.

Try that and confirm that works. If not, we will continue our investigation.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Rahul G avatar image
Rahul G answered

I came across an article which explains that the ringcentrals features enable us to schedule and host multiple meetings and at the same time switch them between lines. I have not yet tried this out to help you with this more but you can check out this link for more info on what can be done, which can be helpful.

https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/6294?language=en_US

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys