question

Ashley Etherington avatar image
Ashley Etherington asked Becky-Community_Manager edited

Understanding API Usage for dialing out

Good afternoon,

Our company recently started using the ring-central service, My MD has asked if its possible to get a list of extensions in one of our management programs which I have done without any issues.

He as also asked me if its possible so that when you press a button in the application, it rings X extension, I have tried to use the MakeRingOutRequest but this appears to just make our main number ring out to a call even though we are providing it an extension.

What is the correct method if I want say Extension 301's desk phone to ring out to an external number?

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks

-Ash

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

To place a call from or to an extension number, you can specify the main company number followed by a "*" and the extension number. E.g. the main company number is 16502345678, to call an extension 301 under that account, the callee's number would be "16502345678*301"

Check this quick start for sample code to make a ring-out call in different programming languages.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys