question

jesse-hendon avatar image
jesse-hendon asked igor-bebin answered

PubNub Push Notifications No Longer Working Properly

Recent Changes this week seem to have broken Push notifications through PubNub. Specifically receiving the following errors in known baseline working versions.

PubNub Error Code:

<html><head><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1"/><title>Error 500 </title></head><body><h2>HTTP ERROR: 500</h2><p>Problem accessing /restapi/v1.0/account/179--0004/presence. Reason:<pre> org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is PasErrorException(errorResponse=ErrorResponse(errorCode=AGW-404, message=Resource not found, errors=[], parameters={}), statusCode=404)</pre></p><hr /><a href="http://eclipse.org/jetty">Powered by Jetty:// 9.3.11.v20160721</a><hr/></body></html>

Could this be related to the new Edit Presence Permission that is available but undocumented?

Also your entire APIExplorer page hasn't worked all day even thought your status symbols are All green..

Lastly, I know its beta guys and you are working hard for an upcoming Oct release, but as a fellow software engineer, would it kill you guys to announce when and how you will be altering things in the background. I mean even a Tweet would be appreciated because its seams like I am constantly aiming at a moving target with your platform. And at some point ill just set up Asterisk myself if this continues to be a plague for us.

A simple, "Hey we will be doing maintenance this weekend to upgrade our features so performance might be degraded' message would be very helpful because then I wont waste my Saturday wondering why shit is hitting the fan.

notifications
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

igor-bebin avatar image
igor-bebin answered
Hi Jesse,

It's not related to Edit Presence Permission. The root cause is internal infrustructiure change made recently. We'll fix it asap and improve our process to avoid such issues in future.

We'll send an update on Presence issue status as well as regarding APIExplorer problem and alerts about maintenance.

Sorry for inconvenience.
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jesse-hendon answered
Thanks Igor, I appreciate your attention on the issue!
1 |3000

jesse-hendon answered
Push Notifications appear to be working again. Thank you for your quick turn around!
1 |3000

igor-bebin avatar image
igor-bebin answered
Thank you for quick feedback, Jesse!

Presence issue was cause by incorrect configuration during maintenance period, it was fixed and corresdponding actions were made to avoid such problems in future. 

We have plan to extend Service Status page with SandBox status in future releases. So you will be able to see API status for both Production and SandBox at https://servicestatus.ringcentral.com/

Also it's planned to provide more detailed status, we'll make an announcement once it will be ready for delivery.

Thanks, 
Igor
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys