question

jesse-hendon avatar image
jesse-hendon asked ak commented

Why are "Edit Accounts API" calls not registering in Sandbox?

The sandbox does not properly record calls using the Edit Accounts permission. This is halting me from moving to production. I am certain that I am using this permission because if I remove it, I get invalid permission errors when using the Bulk-Assign API Call.

rest apideveloper sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered

Make some API calls using this permission and wait for a day. If it doesn't help please contact the developer support team.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jesse-hendon answered
This isn't simply a today problem. This problem has existed for at least a month. No calls to APIs requiring the Edit Accounts Permission are recorded in the sandbox. Edit Extensions (another beta permission) works perfectly and updates in accordance with the time-stamp under My Account->Status and Review. 
These endpoints do not record Edit Accounts Permission properly:
/v1.0/account/{accountId}/answering-rule  (POST)
/v1.0/account/{accountId}/department/bulk-assign

1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I have forwarded this message to the support team. We'll get back to you soon.
1 |3000

jesse-hendon answered ak commented
Whats the status on this? It's holding us up from production and starting to get expensive!
1 comment
1 |3000

ak avatar image ak commented ·
Hi Jesse,

Your app is now graduated. Apologies for any delays. Happy Coding.
1 Like 1 ·
ak avatar image
ak answered
Jesse,

The issue should be fixed. If you log in to  Developer Portal and navigate to the 'Status & Review' tab under the application. you would see a Green Tick (    ) by the permission Edit Accounts

Please make sure to remove any unwanted API permissions and you should be able to 'Apply for Graduation'       

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys