question

christina-kimball7435 avatar image
christina-kimball7435 asked Phong Vu commented

bntouch integration through API not working

Unable to connect with and authenticate through the API. I receive a message that my email does not exist in RingCentral. Does Public API access need to be turned on for my account? If so, how do I make that happen?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Christina,

What is your RingCentral developer account? Also, is it a free developer account or a RingCentral customer's account?

No need to do any settings to turn on/off for accessing RingCentral platform public APIs.

Can you also put some code showing how did you call the API to login?

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

christina-kimball7435 avatar image
christina-kimball7435 answered Phong Vu commented
It is through a RingCentral customer's account. I contacted support and they said I needed to inquire here. Here's an image of the error:
1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·
It looks like you really don't have a developer account. Please note that only Premium and Enterprise plans have a developer account by default.

If you have a Standard plan, you have to sign up to create a free developer account. If this is the case, please click here ( https://developer.ringcentral.com/free-tier-sign-up.html) to sign up to create an account.

If you have other plan, please let me know the email address so I can figure out what could be wrong.

Bests,
+ Phong

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys