question

top notch avatar image
top notch asked Phong Vu commented

Forwarding call, or Ringing in the RC software phone.

Hello,

I am using webhook to hook incoming call.

And created forward and reject calls based on special logic.

It works as well.

But, I don't want to reject the call.

For example, my RC phone number is +111, and I set up the forwarding number to +222.

1. The caller calls the RC number(+111). If the condition is met, it will forward to +222 (it works now).

2. Otherwise, It will be ringing in the RC software phone(+111) instead of rejecting the call (Need to be implemented). Can I forward or transfer the call to the RC number itself?

Thanks in advance.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

You don't need to forward/transfer to +111 if the caller is calling that number. Just check the number (e,g. +222) you want to transfer then transfer if it matches. Otherwise, just ignore the event notification.

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

top notch avatar image top notch commented ·

Thanks for your advice.

It works but I need to resolve some issues to make the forwarding call.

1. I call the RC phone number, and press 0.

2. The RC software phone is ringing first and immediately disappear.

3. And it forwards calls.

I don't want that rining the software phone first when I call the forward function.

Why the RC softphone is ringing first before forwarding?

In my opinion, via call routing

{"forwarding":{"notifyMySoftPhones":false,"notifyAdminSoftPhones":true}}
I set like this, so It doesn't appear before forwarding, but did not ring on the softphone even if i didn't forward.

PS: and Could I remove the attendant's voice message such as "press 0 to bla bla, press 1 blabla"?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ top notch commented ·

You can open the service web dashboard and change the setting to bypass the greeting.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys