question

svrs-dev7330 avatar image
svrs-dev7330 asked

Assistance With IVR/Directory Setup

We are a software company that is integrated with Ring Central via text/sms.

However, we have a client that needs a more specific setup and I wanted to run this by you to see if you all know how to best achieve this:

They want a dedicated number that has a more specific IVR setup.

It would have a directory (that would work as a dial up directory) based on Unit or Home names instead of people. For example

If I type SEA on the keypad, it will generate the following units or homes: SeaSpray, Sea Adventures, Sea Stay; etc.

Once a unit has been chosen, it would then give them a list of options for the housekeeping team. For example:

Press 1 for Clean

Press 2 for Dirty

Press 3 for Maintenance Request

The tricky part is we would need to figure out how to get this information to our software via API. I know my developers can connect it, I just need assistance in getting the correct documentation to give to them so they know how to connect it. I dont see anything in the developer site that covers this.

For example, we would need to be able to pull the Unit name that was chosen and then the number that was chosen after that and send that to our system where it would map to the appropriate value.

Does anyone know how to achieve this. I'm a little lost on how to do this. Thanks!

ivr
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

0 Answers

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys