question

bill-callhoun7669 avatar image
bill-callhoun7669 asked ak answered

API Auth Flow - why am I getting account not found errors?

Hi, I've got a sandbox app running. In my auth flow, I've received my auth code and am trying to exchange it for a token.

I have verified that my app is set up to accept authorization code auth flow.

But, when I make my request, I get an

"Account does not exist", "errors" : [ { "errorCode" : "OAU-222", "message" : "Account does not exist" } ] }"

However, I'm using the same client_id as I provided for the auth code, the one listed under sandbox in my app settings. This account should exist?

The url I'm sending the request to: https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/oauth/token

What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help.

developer sandboxauthentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ak avatar image
ak answered

Bill,

Could be perhaps you are using a different sandbox number. Could you clear the cache in the redirect window and use the Sandbox Number that you are assigned to login?

If you are still getting the same error, Could you please submit a help ticket with the following details:

1.) Sandbox Number

2.) App Name on RingCentral

We can take a look at it and assist you right away.

Meanwhile, just to make sure you have followed all the steps to getting a token via Authorization Code Flow, we have demo's in multiple languages like ( JS, Javascript-Express, php, python, csharp, ruby etc ) :

RingCentral-Authorization-Code Flow Demos

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys