News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
Inbound Caller ID lookup notification
Tags: rest api
Oct 1, 2019 at 8:59am   •   1 replies  •  0 likes
Usman butt

Hello Everyone,

We're looking to develop realtime caller ID look up notification plugin which will display a pop up notification within RepairDesk whenever a store receive a call on their phone number.

I've looked at web hook & notifications documentation however I'm unable to find this info. It would be great if someone can guide us on what API documents to look at.

I appreciate the help.

Best,
Usman

1 Answer
answered on Oct 1, 2019 at 9:17am  

I don't know what programming language you are using so just assumed that you are using Node JS. If not, check out other languages under the same category.

First of all, get familiar with Webhook by following the quick start guideline from the link below

https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/notifications/quick-start/webhook/node

Then, replace the event filter

eventFilters: ['/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/~/message-store/instant?type=SMS']

with

eventFilters: ['/restapi/v1.0/account/~/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true'],

With this event filter, you can get notification for all extensions (users) under the account. If you have a list of users whom you want to monitor, specify a list of event filters instead. E.g.

eventFilters: [
'/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/[EXTENSION_ID]/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true',
'/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/[EXTENSION_ID]/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true',
'/restapi/v1.0/account/~/extension/[EXTENSION_ID]/presence/?detailedTelephonyState=true'],

Remember that you need to login the app with an admin user role.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us