question

thompson7544 avatar image
thompson7544 asked thompson7544 answered

Detailed CallLog : given an Incoming Call who receives it?

Sorry for such a simple question. I'm retrieving detailed call log data and trying to determine which RC user picked up the inbound call.

I'd thought I could just look at each Call where call result= "Accepted"

and final leg result = "Accepted"

and the call recipient would be the 'to' of the receiving RC user.

Instead, I'm mostly seeing the 'to' number as something I don't recognise, but the 'from' is an RC user.

last Leg from call where Call 'from' was a customer phoning in, eg:

"result": "Accepted",

"to": {

"phoneNumber": "+440000000005" <-- no idea about this (example) number

},

"from": {

"name": "Bob Dobbs", <!-- Bob is an RC User

What should I be looking at to determine which user picked up an Incoming call?

Sorry if I'm not being clear. I don't actually use RC, I'm just accessing the API.

Thanks

call logs
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered
Hi Thompson,

I am not sure if the "to" phone number you showed is a real one you received. But if that is real, then it looks like some international number issue.

If you question is purely about how to map the "to" number to one of the extension under your account, then maybe you use the phone-number (at the account level /account/~/phone-number) endpoint to read all phone numbers under the account and match with the number you received to determine the user.

+ Phong
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

thompson7544 avatar image
thompson7544 answered
 I am not sure I phrased my question very well. You can delete this question if you like and I will submit a better example from the actual logs on Monday. Thank you anyway.
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys