question

Shanon Hart avatar image
Shanon Hart asked Chris Pisano commented

How to pass webhook subscription requirement

I feel like i must be missing something obvious, but we have an app that we have a webhook subscription set up for, and we have received many, many events from that webhook over the life of this sandbox app.

The subscription we have set up is for SMS webhooks, but no matter how many we've received, it never seems to "register" on RingCentral's side. The part that we're confused on is the "exercise all requested permissions" for the "webhook subscriptions". It doesn't seem to reflect that we're received any, but we definitely are. Every time we respond using a phone to a text that's sent via ringcentral, we get a post from the webhook letting us know, which is exactly what we were after by setting up the subscription.

Is there some trick to this that we're missing? are we reading this wrong? or some other requirement that needs to be met in order to get this to show that we are indeed using the webhook subscription? Or have we somehow requested the wrong permission? Any help would be so greatly appreciated!

graduation
1570677053686.png (58.1 KiB)
1570677283283.png (70.5 KiB)
1570677390295.png (56.0 KiB)
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Can you implement a function to cancel your webhook subscription (use the subscription id returned in the response after you subscribed) then run your app several times to subscribe and unsubscribe notifications before submit it for graduation.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Shanon Hart avatar image
Shanon Hart answered Service Account commented

Sure, just to be certain I understand - do you mean cancel the subscription from the app, then create a new subscription, cancel the subscription, create a new one again for example?

2 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

That's right. Just to make sure that you exercise the API several times. Let me know if that helps

0 Likes 0 ·
Service Account avatar image Service Account Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I tried adding the subscription and then cancelling it several times. There were no errors. I can see the endpoints in the Analytics showing the GET/POST/PUT/DELETE subscriptions. However, I can still not pass the graduation.
1667175715353.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1667175715353.png (13.3 KiB)
Service Account avatar image
Service Account answered Chris Pisano commented

I tried adding the subscription and then cancelling it several times. There were no errors. I can see the endpoints in the Analytics showing the GET/POST/PUT/DELETE subscriptions. However, I can still not pass the graduation.
1667175650441.png
So, what can I do to pass the subscription in this scenario?
Thanks

1667175650441.png (13.3 KiB)
6 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This is a known issue and the team is working on fixing it. Please provide your app client id so I can help graduate it manually for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chris Pisano avatar image Chris Pisano Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Has there been a fix for this?cf-call-tracking-app-graduation.jpg I am having the same issue passing the webhook subscription and SMS

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Chris Pisano commented ·

Just give me the app client id. I will graduate the app for you.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys