question

david7996 avatar image
david7996 asked Tyler Liu commented

"errorCode": "RNG-102", "message": "Caller ID should be one of company direct numbers"

I am having an issue with the ringout call api. When I put one of my direct phone numbers in my account as a Caller ID, I get the message that the caller ID should be one of company direct numbers which it is.

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
Direct number is not extension number. The former is normally longer than the latter. Please double check.

If it still doesn't work, could you please post some some code snippet?
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

david7996 avatar image
david7996 answered
Hi Tyler, 
I am not using the extension number. I am putting the long number in e.164 format.
And I cannot post some code snippet as I am using your RingCentral Connect Platform API Explorer :  https://developer.ringcentral.com/api-explorer/latest/index.html

I have created an application that is not yet in production and I am testing it using your API explorer platform. When making a ringout call through this app, it works perfectly when the calling ID is empty. When I put the 11 digits number in the calling ID field in E.164 format (for instance: +14445559999), then I get the error.

1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image
Tyler Liu answered
I tried it myself. I can reproduce the problem.

I resolved the issue by using the sandbox account number which could be found this way:  login developer.ringcentral.com, on top right there is a dropdown menu with your username, in the dropdown menu there is a menu item "Sandbox accounts".  Click that menu and I found "Main Company Number". Using that number as caller ID doesn't have the problem described above.
1 |3000

david7996 avatar image
david7996 answered Tyler Liu commented
I see, I tried it too; it works with the number under the sandbox account. But why can't I put another numbers from my ringcentral account? is it because the app I'm working on is not in production yet? I am a bit confused as I don't recognize the number associated with my sandbox account.
1 comment
1 |3000

Tyler Liu avatar image Tyler Liu ♦ commented ·

I guess it is because other numbers are not the company's direct numbers. I am not good at this because it's not directly about programming. Please contact the developer support team by submitting a help ticket.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys