question

myles-lewis11755 avatar image
myles-lewis11755 asked Khadhar Koneti answered

List of content-types to use when sending MMS attachments.

Is there a list that shows the correct content-types to use for all the supported MMS attachment file types? It can be a bit confusing to try to figure out.

For example, both .jpg and .jpeg have to use 'image/jpeg' ('image/jpg' won't work). To send a .vcf file you have to use 'text/vcard', etc.

I still haven't figured out how to send .html files. I've tried 'text/html', 'text/plain', and 'text/x-html'. It would be a lot easier if these were all just listed out somewhere.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered myles-lewis11755 commented

Here is the content type for mms attachment files:

Receiving

Sending

• Videos: 3gp, mp4, mpeg , flv , wmv , mov
• Audio: mp3
• Files: vcf / vcard , zip, rtf , html , txt

• Videos: 3gp, mp4, mpeg, flv, wmv, mov
• Audio: mp3
• Files: vcf/vcard, zip, rtf, html

Ref: https://support.ringcentral.com/s/article/7227?language=en_US

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

myles-lewis11755 avatar image myles-lewis11755 commented ·

Hi Anirban, thanks for your answer, but that's the part I already know. What I'm looking for is the syntax that the content type has to be in to actually send that attachment. Please re-read my question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

We don't redefine the mime type. You can check the supported attachment content and look up from e.g. this list.

E.g.

1 |3000

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered

In the below link you will find the list of content types.

https://www.sitepoint.com/mime-types-complete-list/

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys