News & Announcements User Community Developer Community

Welcome to the RingCentral Community

Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.

Search
Make sure to review our Terms of Use and Community Guidelines.
  Please note the community is currently under maintenance and is read-only.
Home » Developers
API to get calls currently waiting in queue
Tags: call log api, call queue
Aug 11, 2020 at 7:51am   •   5 replies  •  1 likes
Caleb Bluesummers

Is there an object that contains the amount of calls that are currently waiting in the queue if all extensions are busy? If not, what is the best way to infer this from the available resources?

Thanks!

5 Answers
answered on Feb 9, 2024 at 1:05pm  

I know I'm resurrecting a really old thread. But I just recently needed to do the same things and finally found a method for doing so. When you look at the calls in the ListExtensionActiveCalls for the queue, you then have to take the callID of each call and query against the Callsessions endpoint for that call. https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/readCallSessionStatus From there you can look at the "Parties" and if the last party in there shows as "Proceeding" then the call is still in the queue and has not yet been answered.

answered on Dec 16, 2021 at 1:06pm  

I'd also like to know where/if Queue hold time is accessible. If I query the Active-Calls API (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Log/listExtensionActiveCalls) against the queue's ID I see my incoming call in the list but don't see an indication that it's holding or how long it may have been be holding. Are we looking in the wrong place?

answered on Apr 20, 2021 at 2:30am  

Did we get to the bottom of this? We're also trying to do this. Can you just count the number of calls waiting to be answered?

answered on Oct 23, 2020 at 5:26am  

Or is there a subscription event for Call Waiting in Queue? If so what would the filter be because I could not find one.

answered on Aug 11, 2020 at 3:19pm  

Can you try to call this API on a call queue extension?

on Oct 22, 2020 at 8:17am   •  0 likes

I am trying to get this same information and when I attempt to do what you said I get this error "Resource for parameter [extensionId] is not found"

on Oct 23, 2020 at 7:42am   •  1 likes

Did you use the extension id of the call queue?

on Oct 23, 2020 at 11:33am   •  0 likes

Actually, when I run that I'm not getting the right data anyways.

https://pastebin.com/FHZPPwzN

This is the response I get, with some information removed.

If you could help me with that'd be awesome. Thank you.

on Oct 23, 2020 at 8:33am   •  0 likes

Ah, I realized you have to include the # when listing the extension. However, I am unsure how to get the Waiting in Queue status, that is the same number displayed in Live Reports. There is no waiting in status in there.

A new Community is coming to RingCentral!

Posts are currently read-only as we transition into our new platform.

We thank you for your patience
during this downtime.

Try Workflow Builder

Did you know you can easily automate tasks like responding to SMS, team messages, and more? Plus it's included with RingCentral Video and RingEX plans!

Try RingCentral Workflow Builder

PRODUCTS
RingEX
Phone
OPEN ECOSYSTEM
Developer Platform
APIs
Integrated Apps
App Gallery
Developer support
Games and rewards

RESOURCES
Resource center
Blog
Product Releases
Accessibility
QUICK LINKS
App Download
RingCentral App login
Admin Portal Login
Contact Sales
© 1999-2024 RingCentral, Inc. All rights reserved. Legal Privacy Notice Site Map Contact Us