question

Trevor Kurtz avatar image
Trevor Kurtz asked Becky-Community_Manager commented

Ring Desk Phone Before Desktop/Mobile App

I was wondering if we could configure the RC desk phone to ring before the desktop and mobile apps? It would also be nice to separate the desktop and mobile apps to configure them on their own as well.

hardwarecall handling
31 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jessica-community-moderator avatar image jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hello,

This has been brought up with the Product team who confirmed that this ask is known, and is planned. At the moment, there is no ETA for when it will be implemented.

4 Likes 4 ·
Scott West avatar image Scott West jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

LETS GET ON IT. YEAR IS WAY TO LONG ESPECIALLY FOR A MAJOR FLAW

4 Likes 4 ·
Bill Jenks avatar image Bill Jenks jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

It's been nearly a year. This is a major flaw. Any progress yet?!

2 Likes 2 ·
Ryan Tognarini avatar image Ryan Tognarini Bill Jenks commented ·

Ridiculous that it's been a year and this basic functionality is not implemented yet.

4 Likes 4 ·
J Cross avatar image J Cross jessica-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Please continue to vote for this NEEDED item here:

https://ideas.ringcentral.com/ideas/ENTCOM-I-231

0 Likes 0 ·
JJ Millis avatar image JJ Millis commented ·

I 100% agree with this request! Coming from a former VOIP competitor a majority of my end-users want calls to ring their desk phone first before it rings out to their desktop app or mobile app. This is a standard functionality of most competitors.

2 Likes 2 ·
ben-weeks avatar image ben-weeks commented ·

I too would LOVE this functionallity in RingCentral. Also coming from 'another' voip provider, many of my users/executives would like to be able to have calls ring their desk phone BEFORE their desktop/mobile apps.

2 Likes 2 ·
Patrick Maloney avatar image Patrick Maloney commented ·

We need this as well. Do you have an ETA yet?

2 Likes 2 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Patrick Maloney commented ·

Hi Patrick,

No update on this yet.

0 Likes 0 ·
carrie avatar image carrie commented ·

I would like this as well... It used to allow you to choose which you wanted to ring. This feature needs to be escalated as this is a major flaw.

2 Likes 2 ·
Show more comments

1 Answer

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image
Becky-Community_Manager answered Becky-Community_Manager commented

Hey, all! This has been implemented. Here is the Knowledge Base article for this feature: https://support.ringcentral.com/mvp/phone/call-handling-forwarding/rearranging-ring-order-of-numbers-devices.html

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Patrick Maloney avatar image Patrick Maloney commented ·

Hallelujah!! We are a RingCentral partner, and almost every customer we signed up complained about not being able to do this.

1 Like 1 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Patrick Maloney commented ·

Glad to share great news with all!

0 Likes 0 ·
J Cross avatar image J Cross Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

I love that this finally happened. Now some of these hard phones will finally stop collecting dust!

I'm also a little amused that I beat you guys to the punch on the news! ;-)

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app