question

John Elias avatar image
John Elias asked John Elias commented

I would like to add extra access/participation codes to audio conferences.

I would like to add access codes for conference call participants so that I can maintain security when conferencing with different groups. How do I do this?

ringcentral appphone
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

John Elias avatar image John Elias commented ·

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator, can you then tell me the purpose of Teams? If I create multiple Teams, they all have the same participation code, so theoretically anyone from a different Team can join any other Team meetings? Trying to understand the concept.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ John Elias commented ·

That's right, John. Anyone who has the code even if not part of the team can join the conference. Teams function is focused on team messaging and tasks.

0 Likes 0 ·

We would like to have this feature for security/privacy purposes within our organization. The ability to create multiple audio conference bridges with different participation codes and assign them to different teams.

1 Like 1 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ John Elias commented ·

This would be a great feature to have, John. You may create a feature request on this. Just click "Share an Idea" button on the top of your screen.

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi, are you referring to the RingCentral Video feature on Desktop app?

0 Likes 0 ·

I am referring to the audio conference bridge system. When creating teams/groups, I would like each team to have a different participation code.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Mary-Community_Moderator how many likes do we need to get this feature created?

0 Likes 0 ·

There is no specific number of votes that will push an idea into production. Posting your ideas here will help gather use cases and recognize and discuss possible improvements to RingCentral products. There is no guarantee that an idea will be pushed into production.

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered

This is currently not supported, John. But thank you for sharing this. We can have this thread as a new idea.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app