question

Christene D avatar image
Christene D asked Phong Vu answered

Phone Receiving Calls for a specific extension when it is not part of a call queue group

I am having an issue with one of our RingCentral phones. The phone, which is not a part of a call queue group, is receiving calls whenever we dial that extension number.

I have checked the Call Handling & Members of that specific Call Queue Group, and the phone that is having the issue is not listed in the Call Queue Group.

call queues
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Can you double check who logged in that phone? Can it be that the same user but different phone number (user with multiple phone numbers)?

You wrote "and the phone that is having the issue is not listed in the Call Queue Group". Call queue members are not "phones" (or devices) but extensions. And an extension might have several phone numbers and devices. In this case, I would expect that all of his phones would ring.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys