question

Eleanor Phillips avatar image
Eleanor Phillips asked Masud Hooi commented

No dial tone when calling into my number

When calling into our RingCentral number there is a no dial-tone. This is a new problem and I can't figure out how to fix it.

phone
4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Eleanor, Can you clarify - when a customer calls into your phone number they hear no dial tone and aren't able to execute the call?

0 Likes 0 ·
Eleanor Phillips avatar image Eleanor Phillips Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Yes - when a customer calls into our RingCentral phone number they hear no dial tone. It is silent until either I pick up the phone or it goes to voicemail.

0 Likes 0 ·
Masud Hooi avatar image Masud Hooi commented ·

Hi. I have the same problem as Eleanor. After clicking on Settings I don't see any tab that says Screening, Greeting, & Hold Music. So I can't get to Audio while connecting. Are the tabs changed or am I looking in the wrong place?

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ Masud Hooi commented ·

Hello @Masud Hooi, if you have admin access, you will be able to check it under Users > User Ext > Screening, Greeting, & Hold Music. This can be accessed through a web portal. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered Eleanor Phillips commented

Hello Eleanor,

This is for your "Audio while connecting." If this feature is off, our client will hear silence. But in reality, the phone on your end is ringing.

Click here for further troubleshooting steps.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Eleanor Phillips avatar image Eleanor Phillips commented ·

That worked! Thank you so much!

1 Like 1 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app