question

Mike Robinson avatar image
Mike Robinson asked Ben Tran answered

Call Management API: Create Call Queue

Hi -

Are there any plans to add a 'Create Call Queue' API function?

Thanks,

Mike

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Hi Mike,

I am not aware of a plan yo have an API for creating a call queue. But I will take your question as a request and will check with the platform team.

Thanks for asking!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered

Yeah, Everyone try to find this API and I hope rc team will implement the API.

1 |3000

Ben Tran avatar image
Ben Tran answered

Any update ont his 2 years later? the API is very limiting. Manulay doing this is not fun.

1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Yes, you can use API to create a call queue and add members to the queue. Here are the steps.

1. Create call queue extension. Specify the type=Department

2. Use the newly created extension id (call queue extension) to call this API to assign queue members

3. Update the call queue if needed.

Check out a set of call queue API from the dev guide to learn more.

1 |3000

Ben Tran avatar image
Ben Tran answered

Thanks.

Specify the type=Department

is what I was missing.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys