question

Mark Hammans avatar image
Mark Hammans asked Byrne Reese commented

Call Park Locations

Is it possible through the API to get a list of available park locations, or is it always *801 - *899

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered Byrne Reese commented

There is API, Call Park on Party API (Beta), that helps to park a call into a standard park location:

https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/callParkParty

It Parks a call to a virtual location from where it can further be retrieved by any user from any phone of the system. Park locations are automatically assigned by the RingCentral system and ranging 801-899 .

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mark Hammans avatar image Mark Hammans commented ·

Thanks Anirban, I have no problem performing the park and processing the updated status to know which park location it has gone to, I just wanted to confirm if the range was always 801-899 or if it might be some other range - you have answered my question

1 Like 1 ·
Oak Norton avatar image Oak Norton commented ·

Call parking is a terrible experience for our receptionists. We wanted to use individual park lines on phones and got it all set up and then realized that on the HUD, PRIOR to having a call come in, a receptionist can filter/search for a user and see the user and their park line like this:

John Doe

Park John Doe

However, if they are on a call and click the park line, all they get is a single file list of all employees and park locations which they have to scroll through without the ability to search/filter. That's insane. Please tell me the new version of the software HUD will have the ability to quickly filter for a name.

0 Likes 0 ·
Byrne Reese avatar image Byrne Reese ♦♦ Oak Norton commented ·

@Oak Norton That is a great idea for our Ideas Portal. Can I suggest you submit that idea to our product team for them to review?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys