question

Ken G avatar image
Ken G asked Anirban answered

Text Messages - Can I schedule a Text Message to send at a later time?

Example: Right now, with Gmail - You can write an email, and schedule it to send at a later time in the day - or whatever date / time you want.

Can I do that with your Text Messages? Preferably using the Ring Central Desktop app?

Many times I'll be up late at night, and want to reply to everyone's texts -but it would be inappropriate to send text messages at 2AM.

Would be nice to write them at 2AM, schedule them to send at 8AM, or at some reasonable hour.

Thanks

sms and text messaging
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

Not with the RingCentral Desktop app but you can implement the feature using our APIs. Check out this SMS API Tutorial to learn about RingCentral SMS APIs.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Ken G avatar image
Ken G answered Phong Vu commented

Would it be Ring Central's API? OR some 3rd party? Thanks!

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

RingCentral SMS APIs. For scheduling, it's your own implementation to set a timer or a cronjob to execute the command. You can implement SMS push notification to receive incoming SMS message and auto reply to the message instantly.

0 Likes 0 ·
Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

One way to schedule SMS is by using RingCentral SMS API from your code and using a scheduler.

For example, if you are using Java, you can use a Java Task scheduler or timer to call the API periodically or at a particular time.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys