question

Donald King avatar image
Donald King asked Khadhar Koneti answered

Ring Central in a ASP.NET MVC project

Hi I am new to ring central. We have a ASP.NET MVC project we would like to integrate ring central into. We are trying to create a feature that can make and receive calls and also logs a report (length of call, who made the call, etc). I have looked at the WebRTC and the RingOut examples and I have a few questions. Can both of these make and receive calls? Can they be implemented through C#? Will they work with .Net framework 4.5.2?

Thank you

getting started
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The answer is no, we don't support WebRTC in .NET. RingCentral WebRTC (a.k.a WebPhone client) is a JavaScript SDK. If you implement a WebView then you can use the SDK to implement phone features in your app. But check out the browser compatibility to see which browsers are supported.

There is an alternative to embed RingCentral phone to a webpage. Check this out.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered
1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys