question

brandon-hein avatar image
brandon-hein asked brandon-hein commented

Call Control API - Conference All/Add Call Party capabilities

Hello, I'm currently working on some enhancements to a custom Softphone like application that leverages the new-ish CallControll APIs. (Yes, I know some endpoints are still in their Beta phases... but are working, so kudos to the RC team!)

We want to achieve an easy to use, hot transfer flow. Where an agent would call a client, get them on the line, put the client on hold, call a hunt group for another team member, conference everyone together and introduce the agent, then have the agent drop from the line.

We explored using the 'Bridge' endpoint... and its working exactly how we expected... where it joins 2 active calls together, and puts them into 1. But, drops the agent that was joining the calls together :(.

We would love a 'Conference All' endpoint, where we can join all party lines, then allow the agent to drop from the call. Or maybe an 'Add Call Party' to an active Call Session.

My technical flow/steps at the moment:

1. CallOut API to client number
  2. Hold Call Party API to client number
  3. CallOut API to internal person extension
  4. Bridge API to both client number and internal person extension

Would love the flow to be something like this:

1. CallOut API to client number
  2. Hold Call Party API to client number
  3. CallOut API to internal person extension
  4. Unhold Call Party API to client number
  5. Conference All to all parties (agent, internal person extension, client number)
  6. Delete Call Party API for the agent number

My question:

• Is there a 'Conference All' endpoint available or in the works? Where I can Join a call including the agent doing the joining, or Add a Call Party to a current Call Session?
rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Josie Li commented

We are planning to publish the Conference Call API soon—A new set of APIs for starting a conference call and adding callers to the conference, removing parties from the conference and monitoring a list of participants on the conference. Please stay tuned.

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Josie Li avatar image Josie Li commented ·

@Phong Vu We'd like to have the same flow like this one being raised in this ticket. When will this flow/API be available?

Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered brandon-hein commented

Hi there,

Please check this new conference API to see if it helps you achieve your goals.

1 comment
1 |3000

brandon-hein avatar image brandon-hein commented ·

Hi @Phong Vu! Thanks for the follow up! I've been playing around the new feature the month a bit... and I'm struggling with 'bringing-in' calls, unfortunately.

I'm creating the conference just fine... but when I go to join both calls to the conference. (Per the documentation (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/Call-Control/createCallPartyWithBringIn), you can only do one call at a time, which is what I'm doing)...

I validated that the session and party id's are correct, and this is the response I get :

{
   "errors" : [
      {
         "errorCode" : "TAS-106",
         "message" : "Operation is not allowed"
      }
   ]
} 
0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys