question

Tony Knight avatar image
Tony Knight asked Tony Knight answered

Call Pickup from Ring Group at another phone.

I have a customer who has their reception phone programmed with two other phones to ring simultaneously in a ring group (those phones are the backup receptionist and lunch room). During the day there might not be anyone at these three phones so they would like to have another extension have the capability to pickup calls to their main number from time to time. They do not want this 4th phone to be part of the ring group so it rings for every incoming call to the main number.

In the PBX world this was called Call Pickup or Directed Call Pickup.

My customer is using Yealink T48S phones on their RC account. Has anyone figured out a way for this to be accomplished?

phone
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered jenn-community-moderator edited

Hello @Tony Knight! You might want to check the settings for our call monitoring. I also have another link for the call monitoring. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Tony Knight avatar image
Tony Knight answered

This only works if you have Premium or Ultimate licenses, my customer has Standard licenses so they do not have the Call Monitoring option under Groups.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app