question

alexander-wade13954 avatar image
alexander-wade13954 asked alexander-wade13954 answered

Caller ID name

I know how to submit the update so our caller id name is updated in CNAM...but does anyone have any tips on how I can go about updating caller ID on other databases for carriers?

For example, a few months back I resent the caller ID name per the instructions and now when I check the CNAM database, it's updated there...but when I call my cellphone it still gives a different name. (luckily the name is still something that makes it clear that it's the organization I work for...we updated CNAM to "BBB" but the callerid on my cell from various numbers show up as "better bus bru" , "Bbb ctrl dispute", "Better Business", etc.

We have had most of our numbers for years, but newer numbers we have added from ringcentral will sometimes show old people/names even though they don't have anything associated in CNAM.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

caller id
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @alexander-wade. You can request for CNAM by submitting a case HERE, and our phone support will update you once it's done. Thank you!

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

alexander-wade13954 avatar image
alexander-wade13954 answered

Thanks-I've been able to get the update to CNAM that before with support and last time they showed me how to do it on our end instructions linked in original post

My question/post is more so for any tips people have found for getting their Caller ID name updated for carriers have old/incorrect info who haven't updated to what is currently in CNAM.

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app