question

Timur Nurlygayanov avatar image
Timur Nurlygayanov asked Phong Vu answered

How to make call log with recording

Hi, I'm trying to develop an app to download all voip calls content to my laptop.

Unfortunately, to access my production data I have to prove that app works fine on sandbox, but in sandbox it is tricky to make voip calls and recordings.

I can't make a call in my sandbox account, I tried to call myself or call some free numbers in USA, but anytime there is the reason for errors:

1) The number you dialed has either been disconnected or is not a valid phone number. Please check the number and try again.

2) There was not enough Calling Credit on your account to complete this call

Could you please advice how to generate one voip call recording with some real sound for at least 2-5 seconds? (just for testing) Is there any way to publish the app to production without "testing in sandbox" if I can't generate the required data in sandbox?

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

First of all, every sandbox is initially credited with 500 hours for test voice. You can make test calls between your sandbox phone numbers (each sandbox can have up to 4 phone numbers) or to other local numbers (in the U.S and Canada).

To your problems:

1) The number you dialed has either been disconnected or is not a valid phone number. Please check the number and try again.

How did you dial and from what number to what number? Did you login the RingCentral softphone in sandbox mode to make the outbound calls or to receive inbound calls?

2) There was not enough Calling Credit on your account to complete this call

This looks like you have used all the free credits of your sandbox account. What is your sandbox account id?

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys