question

Simon Strain avatar image
Simon Strain asked jenn-community-moderator commented

Chrome protocol handlers and new app

After switching to the new RingCentral app, a few of my users have found that Chrome cannot detect the new app as a valid app for zoomrc links. If the old RingCentral Meetings app is installed, it will attempt to open that. If it is not installed and protocol handler settings are not cleared, Chrome will download the old RingCentral Meetings app again. If it is not installed and protocol handler settings are cleared, it will say that no app can be found to open zoomrc links and ask to open the Microsoft Store. How do I make Chrome recognize the new RingCentral app as a valid protocol handler for RingCentral meetings?

google
3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ commented ·

Hello @Simon Strain. Apologies, you can check this LINK about Chrome OS. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
Simon Strain avatar image Simon Strain commented ·

I'm using the chrome browser on Windows 10, not Chrome OS.

0 Likes 0 ·
jenn-community-moderator avatar image jenn-community-moderator ♦ Simon Strain commented ·

Thanks for this, I would highly recommend opening a case HERE, and our phone support will contact you as soon as possible for further troubleshooting. Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·

0 Answers

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app