question

josh11312 avatar image
josh11312 asked Notary Pro answered

Can we use the SMS API to send texts after a missed call?

Does anyone know if its possible to use the SMS API to send off a text to a customer after their call is missed? I've recently come across this feature from other VoIP providers and would really like to leverage it. We frequently get spammed called by customers while we are helping other customers and this would allow us to address those people simultaneously. My vision is we miss their call and the SMS gets sent to them and is then visible in the RingCentral app where we can text back and forth to resolution.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered

Hi Josh,

As of now we don't have API to send sms for missed call but your requirement is valid. As per my knowledge we need to do this in application specific. In your case you have to capture the missed calls and place a queue to send sms to list of recipients.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

All you need to do is to implement a Webhook or PubNub notification to get a missed call event, then call the SMS API to send a text message back to the caller. You can enhance your app by checking the caller's number to see if it is your customer's number before sending a reply SMS. You can also use e.g. WhitePages service to detect if is a spam/scam call so that you can ignore the call.

This blog is about voicemail notification, but it gives you the idea about checking customer's and spam/scam numbers and how to send an SMS to a caller.

Feel free to email me if you need further supports phong.vu@ringcentral.com

1 |3000

Go2 Market avatar image
Go2 Market answered

Hi Josh,

As of now, we don't have API to send sms for missed calls, but your requirement is valid. To my knowledge, we need to do this in a specific application. In your case, you need to catch the missed calls and put a queue to send sms to the recipient list.

1 |3000

Notary Pro avatar image
Notary Pro answered

You can use Zapier.com to create a simple automated text message for any missed callers. Here is how: https://zapier.com/apps/ringcentral/integrations/ringcentral/10872/send-ringcentral-sms-messages-for-new-missed-calls

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys