question

Josh Sprow avatar image
Josh Sprow asked Josh Sprow commented

Using Call Logs API to get analytics "Answered" count

I'm trying to create a dashboard for our company using some KPIs from RingCentral's analytics page. On that page, I'm able to get an "Answered" count and percent for each of the extensions I need to work with.

Good news: when I fetch the call logs using the company call logs endpoint, I'm able to find the target extensions in the call legs with the "Detailed" view.

However, when I compare the counts from the API with those in analytics, there is some variation. Here are the Oct MTD counts for two extensions:

api "Accepted" api total analytics "Answered" analytics total
2238 2382 2239 2418
521 555 520 544

I'm sure some of this is from time zone differences, but would like to confirm that my process for finding the counts is accurate. Here's what I'm doing:

1. Fetching the company logs with "Detailed" view parameter.
  2. Inserting call legs from those logs into my database, grouping them by call log id
  3. Querying the records with "to.extensionId" equaling my target extensions.
  4. Using the count of those records as the total and the number with result = "Accepted" as the number "Answered".

Thanks!

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Will Rudebusch avatar image
Will Rudebusch answered Josh Sprow commented

did you make any progress on this?

1 comment
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Josh Sprow avatar image Josh Sprow commented ·

I ended up sticking with the steps at the end of my question.

The counts are still a little off and the solution is pretty far from elegant, but what're you gonna do?

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys