question

Chaim Vaidberg avatar image
Chaim Vaidberg asked Khadhar Koneti answered

Use RingOut to create auto-dialer

I'm trying to build an automatic dialer for the collection team in our loans company.
The basic flow I'm trying to implement is:

a. Agent opens customer's account
b. Dialer starts placing calls by iterating through customer's phone numbers.
c. Agent is notified in real-time on call status (e.g via Pusher)
d. Agent picks up the phone when notified that call was answered on the recipient's end

I started looking at RingOut as a way to accomplish this and ran into a couple of issues:

a. According to docs (https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/voice/ringout) polling call status should provide the current call status (for call, caller and callee). However, when I place a call, and I don't answer, the status I receive is Success for all three, which would indicate that both parties answered and the call is connected, when in fact I didn't answer either side.

b. The same thing happens when I subscribe to webhooks notifications. Both legs of the call are shown as status "Answered", when in fact I didn't answer. It might be worth mentioning that the callee side is being forwarded from a UK Twilio number into my mobile because I develop in Israel while the account in the UK, and sandbox credit can only be used locally.

c. On the caller side, I'm using the RingCentral Phone app. When I place a call I see a message on the app saying there is an active call in progress, even though I never answered myself. How does it work with a physical device? Does the agent have to pick up before the recipient receives the call (in which case RingOut is probably not the solution)?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Khadhar Koneti avatar image
Khadhar Koneti answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys