question

Bob Mulvey avatar image
Bob Mulvey asked Phong Vu commented

SMS A2P 10DLC (Commercial Long Code) support

I am under the impression that support for SMS A2P 10DLC is not yet fully rolled out across all telecom providers. How is RingCentral supporting this right now without full rollout across all telecom providers?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

This may help you to find out which mobile carrier supports SMS A2P 10-DLC.

https://www.openmarket.com/blog/what-is-a2p-10-dlc/

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bob Mulvey avatar image
Bob Mulvey answered Phong Vu commented

Thanks Phong. That is what I am referring too. Seems to me until Sprint completes rollout sending A2P 10DLC via RC's "commercial long code" support may fail. There is potential here to have a number blocked I think. That is my concern.

1 comment
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

We don't have a way to query which carrier supports A2P SMS 10-DLC or not. We don't verify which mobile carrier's number when we send A2P SMS. But we do return error codes which can be used to identify the failure reason. See this error code list and pay attention to the SMS-CAR-XXX code.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bob Mulvey avatar image
Bob Mulvey answered Phong Vu commented

Thank you.

I do not want to get errors, that is why I am asking the question.

We are migrating our P2P SMS system (currently using a different provider) to A2P with 10DLC. Our numbers for this have just been provisioned by RC with A2PSMS permission.

Are my SMSs to people in the Sprint network going to fail right now? Even if they don't fail, do I risk my A2PSMS numbers being blocked because Sprint is not yet support this?

3 comments
1 |3000

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

I am not sure if Sprint allows A2P SMS from Toll Free number. If they supports, then use the TF SMS number instead. If not, find someway to identify the Sprint recipient numbers to avoid sending text message to those numbers.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bob Mulvey avatar image Bob Mulvey Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

This is not a toll free number, but that does not matter to you response does it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Bob Mulvey commented ·

I meant RingCentral High Volume SMS support both Toll-Free and 10-DLC numbers. If Sprint allows to use TF number, then request for a High Volume SMS number with the "Toll Free" type.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys