question

Keith Brown avatar image
Keith Brown asked Phong Vu answered

How to enable A2PSMS permission?

I want to use High Volume SMS. We have been told that our phone number is enabled for this. However, when I try to use it from the endpoint explorer (https://developers.ringcentral.com/api-reference/High-Volume-SMS/createA2PSMS) I always get this error:

{

"errorCode" : "InsufficientPermissions",

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [A2PSMS] permission",

"errors" : [ {

"errorCode" : "CMN-401",

"message" : "In order to call this API endpoint, application needs to have [A2PSMS] permission",

"permissionName" : "A2PSMS"

} ],

"permissionName" : "A2PSMS"

}

I don't see anywhere I can enable A2PSMS permission either on an existing app or in the flow to create a new app. How can I get this permission enabled? At this point I'm convinced it is something that RingCentral admins need to configure for my app.

I have tried emailing Dev Support but have had no responses for days.

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

The A2PSMS app permission is currently not available in the public domain. Right now, we handle this via customer request. Basically, when you request for an A2P SMS number provision using this form, we ask you to provide the app client id so we can add the permission to your app. If you already have the number or you want to create a new app, just send the app client id and your account id (or account main company number) through a support ticket to request support.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys