question

Brian Koiter avatar image
Brian Koiter asked Brian Koiter answered

Hints interfering

It drives me bonkers that the Ring Central desktop program hints keep popping up every time I try to answer a phone call. So to answer calls, I have to click once on the notification, then click the hint after I locate it on screen, then click to answer. It just seems ridiculous - 3 clicks!? PLEASE consider changing this feature!

Brian

ringcentral app
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

jenn-community-moderator avatar image
jenn-community-moderator answered

Hello @Brian Koiter, I would suggest turning off the desktop notification for your RingCentral phone to your computer. I would also recommend opening a case HERE so our phone support will guide you through how you can turn it off. Thank you for your patience in this matter.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Brian Koiter avatar image
Brian Koiter answered

Hi, thanks for the response and suggestion! Unfortunately turning off the desktop notification isn't a workable solution for me, because then the entire ring central program comes to the focus of my desktop environment when I receive a phone call, which interrupts my day-to-day activities.

I would prefer that the tips go away or that clicking the notification would answer the call

Brian

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app