Solved

Is there an option to not display video for other participants in a meeting?

• 16 November 2020
  • 3 replies

If my wifi is weak, I would like the ability to not see anyone's video, and only hear their audio, in order to save bandwidth and potentially allow me to communicate with people on the call without it freezing due to not being able to handle displaying video. I know I can control whether my own video is turned on or not. But it would be nice to also be able to choose to not see other's videos if wanted. This would be on a PC.

icon

Best answer by Anirban2396911020 16 November 2020, 19:22

View original

3 replies

Check the below settings for turning off camera of all participant:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/RingCentral-Video-Web-Settings.html#:~:text=Click%20My%20account.,-2.&text=next%20to%20your%20Personal%20Meeting%20ID.,-3.&text=Below%20Meeting%20options%2C%20select%20Turn%20off%20camera%20for%20all%20participants.

Does this make everyone on the call not be able to see other participants videos? I just want them to not display for myself, but allow them to continue to use video and the other participants to see it.

I am not sure as a participant you can stop other people's video from displaying.. Only a host can decide if the meeting can be without video. So as a normal participant you can only stop your video being displayed