Question

Ring Out End Point Does Not Open App

• 16 November 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello, I created an app that does the Ring Out end point. Before when we had the RingCentral classic app AND the phone app, when a user would make a "Call" from my app, it would use the Ring Out End Point and open up the phone app to process the call. Ever since the update when the RingCentral app was merged with the phone app; the app does not open up when a user clicks to make a call.

4 replies

Userlevel 1

What is the uri scheme you are using now?

https://platform.devtest.ringcentral.com/restapi/v1.0/account/accountId/extension/extensionId/ring-out

Is what I use.

Userlevel 1

Just test. It looks like the ring-out is not working on sandbox currently. Let me report the issue. Meanwhile, ring-out work normal on production environment.

I'm also having this issue. Was this ever resolved? It appears to me that the issue is around whether or not the soft phone registers itself as User Phone in the RingCentral Phone System admin area. I noticed it was offline. I deregistered the old app. The new app didn't re-register it. I switched the extension to a hard phone, and the app didn't register as a new soft phone.