question

Nate Breeden avatar image
Nate Breeden asked Nate Breeden published

"account/active-calls" requirement issues

active-calls.pngCurrently have one last call requirement that I must not be understanding. The status and review says that I have not completed "account/active-calls" call requirements, but I got a list of active calls 6 times and even made API calls to drop those calls using the telephonySessionId returned from the active-calls API call to pass the Call Control requirements.

These are the 2 calls I'm making, this of course is just the copied Python scripts off the API references page - it does not have the information I'm using to make the calls for obvious reasons:

# PATH PARAMETERS
accountId = '<ENTER VALUE>'

# OPTIONAL QUERY PARAMETERS
queryParams = {
    #'direction': [ 'Inbound', 'Outbound' ],
    #'view': 'Simple',
    #'type': [ 'Voice', 'Fax' ],
    #'transport': [ 'PSTN', 'VoIP' ],
    #'page': 1,
    #'perPage': 100
}

import os
from ringcentral import SDK
rcsdk = SDK(os.environ['clientId'], os.environ['clientSecret'], os.environ['serverURL'])
platform = rcsdk.platform()
platform.login(os.environ['username'], os.environ['extension'], os.environ['password'])
r = platform.get(f'/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/active-calls', queryParams)
# PROCESS RESPONSE
print(r.text())

and

# PATH PARAMETERS
accountId = '<ENTER VALUE>'
extensionId = '<ENTER VALUE>'

# OPTIONAL QUERY PARAMETERS
queryParams = {
    #'direction': [ 'Inbound', 'Outbound' ],
    #'view': 'Simple',
    #'type': [ 'Voice', 'Fax' ],
    #'page': 1,
    #'perPage': 100
}

import os
from ringcentral import SDK
rcsdk = SDK(os.environ['clientId'], os.environ['clientSecret'], os.environ['serverURL'])
platform = rcsdk.platform()
platform.login(os.environ['username'], os.environ['extension'], os.environ['password'])
r = platform.get(f'/restapi/v1.0/account/{accountId}/extension/{extensionId}/active-calls', queryParams)
# PROCESS RESPONSE
print(r.text())

What am I missing, is "account/active-calls" different than the active calls area listed under the API references > Voice > Call Log > Get Company Active Calls -/and/- Get User Active Calls? Under API references > Account there is nothing for "Active Calls" but not sure if I'm overlooking or missing something?

Also, is there a reason that the status and review page only updates every 4 hours? It says it does it every 15 minutes but I've timed it throughout the day, it's every bit of 4 hours, which is frustrating especially when you're trying to see if the call you're making is what RC wants in order for you to apply for production.

phonerest api
active-calls.png (29.3 KiB)
2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

What is your app client id?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nate Breeden avatar image Nate Breeden Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

0 Likes 0 ·

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Nate Breeden commented

The account active call and extension active call requires the same app permission ReadCallLog. Normally it is enough to exercise on of the endpoints to pass the graduation requirements. I am not sure why for the active call it requires each endpoint with at lease 5 API calls. Right now, I see you have 2 API calls to the account level and 50 calls to the extension level. I will check with the team to see what is wrong with this. Meanwhile, I can graduate your app to production manually if you want to.

Let me know

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nate Breeden avatar image Nate Breeden commented ·

Okay, yes please graduate it, I would really appreciate that

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Nate Breeden commented ·

Done!

0 Likes 0 ·
Nate Breeden avatar image Nate Breeden Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

You're awesome, thanks Phong!

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys