question

François Laplante avatar image
François Laplante asked Jeremy Crabtree answered

What is "limited mode" on the Chrome Extension ?

A user keeps having this red button saying "limited mode" with what looks like a refresh arrow on the Chrome Extension. Can't find any documentation on it... Any idea ?

Cheers

limitedmode.png

extension
limitedmode.png (25.6 KiB)
8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image Anirban commented ·

Not sure but maybe referring to limited extension features.. make sure if it is referring something like this:

https://support.ringcentral.com/article/9232.html?language=en_US

1 Like 1 ·
François Laplante avatar image François Laplante commented ·

Thanks Anirban, I had also found this information but in theory, we dont have any limited extensions in our system...

0 Likes 0 ·
Kyle Hayes avatar image Kyle Hayes commented ·

Hi François, I have a user experiencing the same issue. Have you been able to identify a root cause or solution since posting? Thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
François Laplante avatar image François Laplante Kyle Hayes commented ·

Hi Kyle, no still no answer.

0 Likes 0 ·
brett-weiss avatar image brett-weiss commented ·

I'm having this problem as well. Still seeking an answer. Like the OP, I don't have a "limited extension" and show the same screen as above.

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg Conner avatar image Greg Conner commented ·

@priscilla-casas, for the last month or so I have been seeing the exact same issue on my mac with this google extension in chrome. Prior to a month ago (or so) this was never an issue. Closing and opening Chromes seems to clear it but then usually overnight it shows back up again in limited mode. Very annoying as I have a lot of things open in chrome and closing everything is a pain.

0 Likes 0 ·
Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ Greg Conner commented ·

@Greg Conner Did you check the Chrome extension update details that Priscilla recommended?
Give that a whirl and then let us know the results.
Also,to make sure you don't have anything blocked in Chrome.

0 Likes 0 ·
Greg Conner avatar image Greg Conner Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Hi Becky. I did do that, and I am on the latest version (at least if I hit upgrade, it says it's on the latest version). I have no idea where the "version 87.000" came from. Like the person above, my version shows 20.4.2.

I also don't know what you mean to make sure chrome isn't "blocking anything". I am a very technical person (as a career) so be as technical as you'd like. I also didn't see any reference to what Priscilla referenced as the HAR.. I'm not sure what that is. I did enable error logging on the extension. After being on for just this afternoon, there are a lot of "errors", but I'm guessing that's a typical developers debug log that shows tons of "normal" errors.

I also couldn't find a way to export the error log file from the extension. I've attached a screen shot of the first page of errors. If there is one you want expanded and snapshotted let me know.gconner error log.png

1 Like 1 ·
gconner-error-log.png (114.1 KiB)
priscilla-casas avatar image
priscilla-casas answered brett-weiss commented

Make sure the Chrome extension is updated since Chrome is now running the 87.000 version. Also, within the Chrome extension setting make sure what the user's calling preference is set to.

Recommendation : pull up the HAR and Console Logs and see if there are any warnings or errors showing there. To make sure that you do not have anything blocked in chrome.

RC support

2 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Becky-Community_Manager avatar image Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks for jumping in, @priscilla-casas!

0 Likes 0 ·
brett-weiss avatar image brett-weiss Becky-Community_Manager ♦♦ commented ·

According to my Chrome for Mac, the latest extension version is:

RingCentral for Google 20.4.2

Is there a different RingCentral for Chrome? Not sure what the 87.000 version is.

No error messages in the Console logs. Not sure what HAR is.

0 Likes 0 ·
Jeremy Crabtree avatar image
Jeremy Crabtree answered

I did notice this occur today when I logged in to my RingCentral extension. I noticed, after closing and reopening, that another message appears to flash right beforehand saying something like "oops there is a problem on our end." and then that the app will update the status when resolved. So maybe this is just when there is an issue with RingCentral/Google and the app that they are working on updating it?

1 |3000

Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app