question

Bob Mulvey avatar image
Bob Mulvey asked Phong Vu edited

SMS Delivery Report and data retention

We are considering RC for SMS delivery and are now sending about 10% of volume as a test. We are using an A2P 10DLC number for SMS.

Prior providers presented lots of reporting that allowed us to see delivery detail from their databases. It would appear that you simply show a couple graphs, and no detail. While I know I can query based on Message ID and store result in a repository that I own, I do not really want to this, nor do I think I should need to (doing so is really duplicating the data, which should not be necessary). However, it comes down to a few things :

1. Am I missing report details available from the platform, can I get this detail report from your system without going through the API?

2. Does the API allow me to get delivery detail based on date/time range (without Message ID)?

3. What is your data retention policy for this data?

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu edited

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your interest in using the RingCentral High Volume SMS service. See me answer below:

1. Am I missing report details available from the platform, can I get this detail report from your system without going through the API?

A. Right now, the High Volume SMS program is still in beta stage, so RingCentral does not have build in service for sending High Volume SMS nor a service to list and download High Volume SMS report yet. I am sure that these will be available later when the service will go GA. And at least, the report download feature will be integrated to the Service Web as you could use for the Call Log report.

2. Does the API allow me to get delivery detail based on date/time range (without Message ID)?

A. The first version of the High Volume SMS message store does not support much in query filter. But the next release will support dateFrom and dateTo, toNumber and fromNumber as well as the Simple/Detailed view mode to return also the text message or not in the response. The next release will be available very soon.

3. What is your data retention policy for this data?

A. When it comes to data retention policy, I believe that it will not be different from the normal P2P SMS messaging policy which you can find more detailed from here.

3 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bob Mulvey avatar image Bob Mulvey commented ·

Hi Phong,

Thank you for the fast response! For #3, it looks to me like RingCentral is going to need to edit that policy to account for High Volume SMS. Can you please raise an issue for this? Or should I do it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Bob Mulvey commented ·

No, you don't need to do anything. We are right on it. Is your account HIPAA compliance? if so I believe all data will be kept for something 30 days. If not, we are discussing internally about the limit for non-HIPAA compliance accounts.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bob Mulvey avatar image Bob Mulvey Phong Vu ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks, ours is NOT HIPAA compliance.

1 Like 1 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys