question

Laferil Smith Jr. avatar image
Laferil Smith Jr. asked Andrew Lacy answered

Why am I not hearing any incoming audio from WebRTC?

We have integrated the WebRTC phone SDK into our website, and currently are having issues getting incoming audio from the other party. They can hear us communicating through the browser, but we can't hear them. We are using the latest versions of Chrome, and have tested on both Windows and macOS.

The incoming call alert tone can be heard so it's not a browser audio tab issue.

sdk
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

vyshakhbabji avatar image
vyshakhbabji Deactivated answered vyshakhbabji Deactivated edited

Did you try using just the demo app and get me the results https://ringcentral.github.io/ringcentral-web-phone/ ? Please send the logs from the demo app on a support ticket and send an email to vyshakh.babji@ringcentral.com

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Andrew Lacy avatar image
Andrew Lacy answered

I have the same issue on our implementation. I tested chrome setting by automatically playing an audio file - no problems. But when we initiate a call, the other party can hear the audio (so microphone working) but nothing plays on the computer. Neither the ring sound or the audio in the connected call. See confirmed chrome settings. screen-shot-2020-12-24-at-151617.png

1 |3000

Laferil Smith Jr. avatar image
Laferil Smith Jr. answered

We solved this by adding back the remote and local video html tags. At some point they got removed. Also make sure you’re linking the DOM elements when configuring the SDK.

1 |3000

Andrew Lacy avatar image
Andrew Lacy answered

What does linking the DOM elements mean?

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys