question

angq fasq avatar image
angq fasq asked angq fasq answered

API Error OAU-222 Account does not exist

Hi, we try to authenticate through Authorization Code Flow and we get the error OAU-222 when calling the following request and using the required parameters and authenticate with HTTP Basic scheme using the client ID and client secret as login and password, correspondingly .

POST /restapi/oauth/token

code=<the_authorization_code_i_get>&grant_type=authorization_code&redirect_uri=<my_redirect_url>

We have a developer account and sandbox account and have created the app. We call the API to get the authorization code, we log in with our sandbox user and get the code correctly. However, when we call the token request to get the access token I get the error.

This is the response we get:

{

"error": "invalid_grant",

"errors": [

{

"errorCode": "OAU-222",

"message": "Account does not exist"

}

],

"error_description": "Account does not exist"

}

Is there something else we need to do in our sandbox account? This doesn't make any sense since we can login successfully in order to receive an authorization code. Thank you.

authentication
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

angq fasq avatar image
angq fasq answered

Thanks. By digging in the JavaScript code in the examples we figured out that the problem was in the scoping and using the body parameters. The documentation seems a bit confusing.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys