question

Mike Robinson avatar image
Mike Robinson asked Phong Vu commented

Adding a new user with disabled status still sends the welcome email

I am using the 'Update Extension' API to assign an unassigned device to a new user. I set the status to 'Disabled' but the Welcome Email is still sent to the user. I also tried setting the status to 'NotActivated' but the Welcome Email is sent with this status as well. It seems to me the Welcome Email should only be sent if the user is added with a status of 'Enabled'.
Is there a bug here, is it working as designed, or is there something else I need to set in order to stop the Welcome Email getting sent when the status is 'Disabled'?

My app is in the Production environment.

Note: when performing the same task using the 'Enable All' feature in the GUI by uploading an Excel spreadsheet and selecting the 'Activate Later' radio button, the welcome email is not sent. The user gets set to 'Disabled' via this method.

Thanks!

rest api
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered Phong Vu commented

It should behave the same as using the GUI tool. I cannot test this right now but will do as soon as I can.

Meanwhile, can you share the email content here (pls remove sensitive info)? Just want to see if it is just a welcome or a setup email etc.

4 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Mike Robinson avatar image Mike Robinson commented ·

Sure Phong - here you go. Thanks!

email.png

0 Likes 0 ·
email.png (49.2 KiB)
Mike Robinson avatar image Mike Robinson commented ·

@Phong Vu - Hi Phong - any update on this one?

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Robinson avatar image Mike Robinson Mike Robinson commented ·

@Phong Vu - Hi Phong, I was just wondering if you ever had a chance to look into this? Please let me know - thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Phong Vu avatar image Phong Vu ♦♦ Mike Robinson commented ·

Hi Mike, apology for this. So many things so little time.

I have not tested this but I found this from the documentation. Can you try to set the transition value accordingly.

screen-shot-2021-02-25-at-74224-am.png

Let me know.

0 Likes 0 ·

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys