question

Matthew Herbert avatar image
Matthew Herbert asked anon-user Deactivated edited

Please can someone set me up with an Avaya Cloud Office test account?

Hi there

I have successfully created a test account in RingCentral and created a test desktop app which allows me access to see test call recordings. It currently uses Password Flow authentication which I want to keep. And it is enabled only for members of my own organisation/company. Password Flow is very important since the app is entirely controlled by some CRM software I created which automatically needs permission to communicate with the API, and there is no intervention with a real person (eg I do NOT want a user to have to login etc, hence why the Password Flow is the only way to enable my CRM software to automatically communicate with the API).

My company has a live Avaya Cloud Office solution with the top "enterprise" licenses and from what I have been told by Avaya support and read in your RingCentral documentation (here: https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/basics/partners/aco) I need to reach out to "developer support" to request for partner test accounts (in this case: Avaya Cloud Office test account). Please can someone assist me?

Thank you very much for any help.
Matt

developer sandbox
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Phong Vu avatar image
Phong Vu answered

You meant a sandbox account for ACO? As far as I know, there is no separate sandbox accounts for RCO and ACO. They both share the same domain service.devtest.ringcentral.com and platform.devtest.ringcentral.com.

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Matthew Herbert avatar image
Matthew Herbert answered Matthew Herbert edited

Thank you for your reply. Yes I think the RingCentral documentation is meaning Sandbox account, when they mention a test account.

I was referencing the RingCentral documentation (https://developers.ringcentral.com/guide/basics/partners/aco) which quotes the following, under the "Partner Test Account" section:

"When you sign up for developer account and select to enable your App for RingCentral partners, you can reach out to developer support to request for partner test accounts (eg: Avaya Cloud Office test account), in addition to RingCentral test account. "

It is the "in addition to RingCentral test account" which made me think I also need an ACO test account, as well as my current RingCentral test account.

Once my RingCentral sandbox app is graduated to production (so it works successfully with a RingCentral sandbox account) - how do I "migrate" or start testing accessing call recordings in our live internal ACO phone system which my staff are already using? Is it just a simple case of amending the accountID, username/password in my code? I assume the unique identifier (telling my app which phone system to work with) would be the account ID which relates to our ACO phone system, and also the username and password to the ACO phone system?

Thank you again for your reply and help. I really appreciate it.

1 |3000

Developer sandbox tools

Using the RingCentral Phone for Desktop, you can dial or receive test calls, send and receive test SMS or Fax messages in your sandbox environment.

Download RingCentral Phone for Desktop:

Tip: switch to the "sandbox mode" before logging in the app:

• On MacOS: press "fn + command + f2" keys
  • On Windows: press "Ctrl + F2" keys