question

Jeremy Hammock avatar image
Jeremy Hammock asked mary-community-moderator commented

How do I fix: We were unable to connect to the RingCentral messaging service.

screenshot-2020-12-18-at-82739-pm.png

errors
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Anirban avatar image
Anirban answered

It may be network issue or any temporary issue. Try uninstalling and re installing the app again.

If the issue still there, try connecting RingCentral support team here to resolve the issue

1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Nicole Robinson avatar image
Nicole Robinson answered mary-community-moderator commented

I am getting this same error. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app again. Any suggestions? The Support team suggested it could be something on my device but I have no idea what that could be. It's working on the mobile app and on my laptop, just not on my desktop

3 comments
1 |3000

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Hi @Nicole Robinson, is your ticket with Support team already closed?

0 Likes 0 ·
Nicole Robinson avatar image Nicole Robinson mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

No - I wasn't aware I could open a ticket, I was speaking with someone (a "live agent" in the chat feature).

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Nicole Robinson commented ·

Please coordinate with Tech Support again so they can escalate it if still not resolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
Nicole Robinson avatar image
Nicole Robinson answered mary-community-moderator commented

I narrowed it down to a WiFi issue. At our office we have public wifi, my company then has our own router and our own wifi that is connected to the public internet connection. I'm just not sure what to do next.

2 comments
1 |3000

Nicole Robinson avatar image Nicole Robinson commented ·

Here was the answer from support: it might be best to reach out to Comcast (our public internet provider) for them to have someone help white-list the RingCentral supernets from the router if there's no person/IT who is managing that specific network.

has anyone had luck with that?

0 Likes 0 ·
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Nicole Robinson commented ·

This issue normally happens when connected to a public internet. Let's see if someone here has other suggestions.

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app