question

Joe Bishop avatar image
Joe Bishop asked Alexander Lane commented

macOS Universal Application - Apple Silicon M1

I see Zoom has announced support for Apple M1 processors today. With RC's underlying tech being "powered by Zoom", should we expect a native Apple Silicon macOS desktop app soon? I'd love to enroll in beta program for this if there is such a thing. Thanks!

ringcentral apphardware
43 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

Bill Turner avatar image Bill Turner commented ·

Checking macOS "Activity Monitor" on my M1 MacBook confirms that the application type is "intel". Possibly wrong package was posted to the website?

3 Likes 3 ·
Rawan Serna avatar image Rawan Serna Bill Turner commented ·

Running into the same issue.

1 Like 1 ·
Randy Soraich avatar image Randy Soraich Rawan Serna commented ·

Yes - They have not yet updated the app to be universal with native support for Apple Silicon or the M1.

0 Likes 0 ·
Bill Turner avatar image Bill Turner commented ·

I also have a strong desire to see an Apple Silicon "universal app" version to support the new M1 MacBook Air and M1 MacBook Pro laptops.

1 Like 1 ·
mike-masters1 avatar image mike-masters1 commented ·

This is also a need for our company as we start to rollout the new M1 Macbook Airs to our Sales dept.

If there is Beta I would like to get a couple of my IT staff on it

Mike M

1 Like 1 ·
Randy Soraich avatar image Randy Soraich mike-masters1 commented ·

We might be interested as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
joe-ramsay10458 avatar image joe-ramsay10458 commented ·

We also need a version of the RC App (GLIP) for M1. Any word on when that can be expected?

1 Like 1 ·
Randy Soraich avatar image Randy Soraich commented ·

It seems that any business that uses RC and Mac clients will need this sooner rather than later since Apple is transitioning all of its systems to Apple Silicon. Assuming RingCentral continues to offer cross-platform compatibility, the question here is when not if. It would be good to have some communication to customers regarding the target timeline for this support so that we can all plan accordingly.

1 Like 1 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image
mary-community-moderator answered Joshua Collins commented

Good news! RingCentral 22.1.11 was released today.

The link for downloading M1 will soon be available on the RingCentral Downloads Site. Stay tuned!

8 comments
1 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 1.0 MiB each and 10.0 MiB total.

mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Mac for M1 is now available at https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html!

1 Like 1 ·
Joshua Collins avatar image Joshua Collins mary-community-moderator ♦♦ commented ·

Looking forward to trialing this build...thanks!!

0 Likes 0 ·
Joshua Collins avatar image Joshua Collins commented ·

This is wonderful news. Would you kindly post here when the M1 native package is made available in the RingCentral App Gallery? There is an option to download an M1 version of the RingCentral app, but its version is still 22.1.10.38.

Is the new version you mentioned an M1 native app or will it still require Rosetta to function?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

0 Likes 0 ·
Matt Trumbo avatar image Matt Trumbo Joshua Collins commented ·
1 Like 1 ·
Joshua Collins avatar image Joshua Collins Matt Trumbo commented ·

Thanks for the direct link! It appears the RC App Gallery hasn't been updated with the package you provided.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
mary-community-moderator avatar image mary-community-moderator ♦♦ Joshua Collins commented ·

It is a native build for M1 Mac. We'll let you know once it's available for download.

1 Like 1 ·
Alexander Lane avatar image
Alexander Lane answered Alexander Lane commented

Over a year later and it's still showing as Intel for me in activity monitor. I just reinstalled to make sure I had the correct version. The RingCentral process shows as Apple, but Meetings and two threads of "Meetings Helper" are all Intel. Will this ever be updated?screen-shot-2023-02-16-at-22005-pm.png

2 comments
1 |3000

Chris Rosa avatar image Chris Rosa commented ·

I thought the standalone Meetings app was discontinued? If I start a meeting in the RC app, it's all "Apple".

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexander Lane avatar image Alexander Lane Chris Rosa commented ·

I have no idea, I'm using the app from here: https://support.ringcentral.com/download.html, the latest one. The app name is "RingCentral" but there are several processes in Activity Monitor called "Meetings"screen-shot-2023-02-16-at-22759-pm.png

0 Likes 0 ·
Work together.
From anywhere.

Team messaging, video meetings
and phone - all in one app.

Get the new RingCentral app